Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Drinking Water

In China I drink water from a water cooler.  The water from the sink isn't drinkable unless you boil and even if you do boil it, it has a funny taste.  So, all my water comes from a water cooler and never the sink. 
When I come to America I really struggle with the concept that the water from the sink is ok to drink.  I can't bring myself to drink it.  It just feels completely wrong.  Luckily my parents have a water dispenser in the fridge that I can use...for some reason that seems ok to drink water from there even if it is coming from the same place. 
Why can't I get past this mental block that all water from the sink is bad?  Maybe today I'll be able to talk myself into drinking water from the sink...but then again, maybe I'll just stick with the fridge.  Besides, the water from the fridge is chilled and that just gives me another reason not to drink from the sink.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment