Friday, December 23, 2011

On Falling in Love

I have put m belief in the Father for 20 years now.  In everyone's book, something I have done for so long should be old hat.  However, I am constantly amazed by Him.  Instead of Him becoming more commonplace and boring, He gets more amazing and intriguing every year.
This year, as always, I have heard the Christmas story over and over.  However, every time I hear it, a chill goes down my spine or my heart swells just a little.  I just can't wrap my head around it.  The King and Creator of the universe gave up EVERYTHING for us.  He could have just given us up as a lost cause, but He chose to love us instead.  He wrapped our fragile broken form around His perfect holiness and came to earth to woo and save a people who didn't want Him.  He came knowing that we would reject him, torture him, and kill him.  He came telling us that He would willing suffer all that for us and then proceed to REJOICE every time one of us accepted His offer of love.   He conquered our greatest enemy, our greatest fears, all our hurts, all our pains. 
How could I not love someone with that much devotion and love for me?  How could I not follow Him to the ends of the earth and through any circumstance when the love I feel for Him is too big to be contained inside me?  How could I not share His love with others? 
So my friends, have you taken a moment to think about the greatest love story of all time?  Have you taken time to let Him woo you?  He wants so desperately to make Himself real to you.  He wants your heart to burst with love for Him as His heart bursts with love for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment