Tuesday, February 12, 2013

On Trying to Sleep In and Crazy Cats

During every break off of school, there is one or two days that I will sleep 12 hours.  It is a great way for my poor body to recover from my highly busy and somewhat stressful job (which I absolutely love).  Last night, I decided I was going to sleep for 12 hours. :)
I went to bed at 10:30pm as tired as could be and fell asleep immediately.  My first 8 hours were easy to get through, but then the disturbances began...
At 6am, I had to go to the bathroom...sad reality.  When I got back, my cat decided I was up so it was time to pet him.  That didn't last long.  I was out again in 5 minutes.
8am, really loud fireworks scared me to death.  My cat decided I was up so it was time to pet him.  Lasted a little longer this time...maybe 8 minutes.
8:15am, another volley of fireworks scared the living daylights out of me...still too out of it to remember I have ear plugs, but my cat decided I was up so it was time to pet him.  Again, that didn't last long.  I was out again in 2 minutes.
At 9:30am, I was sleeping quite peacefully with no fireworks when BAM!  I had a ten pound cat land on my chest and demand to be pet right that instant and no he was not going to let me sleep anymore.  This was his time!  Since he doesn't usually do this (just sometimes) I wondered what was up...that and the morning is unusually dark.  I walked out into my living room and saw that it was snowing.  That explains it.  My cat LOVES the snow and goes totally crazy when it snows.  So here is to the fifth or sixth time it has snowed this season (it usually snows once or twice) and to the cat who is now sleeping in my bed which he forced me to leave less than 30 minutes ago.  You win, Nacho.  You win...

No comments:

Post a Comment