Monday, October 24, 2011

I Still Can't Believe I Live Here

This afternoon as I rode the bus home, I had the privilege of watching a fantastically beautiful sunset.  The sun had was setting behind a mountain and because of the reflection on the clouds, it looked like the sky was on fire.  To make things even more beautiful, the red and orange colors lighting up the sky also reflected off the buildings downtown and the ocean.  It was simply breath-taking.  And the thought popped into my head, "I just can't believe I live here."
This is my fourth year in China.  My first year, every day I woke up I would say to myself, "I can't believe I live here."  I can tell you that after living here for 1,186 days, I often find myself saying, "I can't believe I live here."  I never imagined this adventure for myself.  A few years ago, I was the kind of girl who wanted to stay in her hometown her whole life, gets married, and take care of a family.  But then Dad got a hold of my life and now I'm living an adventure bigger than I could have ever dreamed.  And I wouldn't trade it for the world.  His dreams have replaced mine and I couldn't be happier.  His dreams are SO MUCH BIGGER. 
So, thank you Daddy.  I love every moment my life is in your hands.  I truly cannot imagine where I would be without you.  And even though I'm so glad you did, I have no idea why you would pick me.  But you do keep telling me that your name is glorified in my weakness.  I am going to say that is a good enough answer for me. :)
And I still can't believe that I get to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment