Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Power of Good Company

I love being alone.  I truly am a person who enjoys her own company.  The thought of not saying an entire word all day or having the house to myself sounds amazing.  I am a true introvert.  In fact, I didn't really talk very much until college.  Even now, I would rather listen than speak.  However thanks to some great friends in college, I learned that there is good to be found in carrying a conversation and in good company.
I've been reminded of this multiple times this year.  I am convinced that this is the best year I have spent in China...well, at least on the social front.  I have had the privilege of beginning several new wonderful friendships and strengthening those friendships that I already had.  Every time I spend even a few moments with these friends, I am amazed at how happy, blessed, and peaceful I feel afterward. 
So my dear friends, I am so thankful you are in my life.  I am thankful for the moments you make me laugh.  I am thankful for the moments you challenge me.  I am thankful for the moments you laugh at me.  I am thankful for the moments we collapse on my/your couch and watch a movie or play a game.  I am thankful for all your emails, phone calls, and texts.  I am thankful for the walks.  I am thankful when we eat dinner together.  I am thankful for the moments you help me see that I am wrong.  I am thankful for the moments you hold me when I cry.  I am thankful for every moment with you.  Thank you for being part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment