Monday, October 10, 2011

One Very Full Life

It's been ages since I blogged.  I've really been wanting to, but there never seems to be enough time.  It seems that September got progressively more and more busy until the point where I am now collapsing into bed each night completely exhausted.  I will not complain though.  I love my life and I'm having a great time.  Here's some highlights from the last couple weeks.
I had eight 3rd grade girls over to my house on a Saturday for 5 hours.  We danced, played, cooked, and watched a movie.  I actually met my downstairs neighbor when we started having a little too much fun.  Oops...
I just finished teaching a unit to my second graders about dinosaurs.  My co-teacher and I hung 6 dinosaurs that were about 5 feet tall.  We taught words like camouflage, carnivore, herbivore, predator, prey, and more.  The kids LOVED it.  Now we are moving onto health.  I just hope they love this unit as much as the last.
Last week was Fall Break.  We actually call it National Holiday because they celebrated the anniversary of communist China.  During this break, all the foreign teachers went up to BJ for a conference.  My co-teacher and I presented lapbooks to a small group of teachers.  (If you don't know what they are, you should google them...they are awesome!)  We finished very early, but it was fun to watch all the teachers sit and collaborate. :)
My co-teacher, Karen, had knee surgery just a little over a week ago.  She is home ridden (well she's supposed to be) for two weeks so I'm currently teaching both second grades.  It's only eighteen kids, but my room really is too small for that many bodies.  However, I'm loving it.  I like it when things are different than normal.  It's fun.  But, I did feel bad when one of my students burst into tears because I didn't notice her trying to get me attention for a rather long period of time.  Sorry sweetheart.  Now, to collapse into bed exhausted so I can do it again tomorrow. :)  Well...maybe I should wait a few more hours before collapsing.  The last time I went to bed at 7pm, I was wide awake at 1:30 in the morning.  Not something I feel the need to repeat. :)
Lastly, I just finished reading Jane Eyre a few days ago.  I can't believe I've never read it before.  It's a long book and some of the language is difficult, but it was so worth the read.  Charlotte Bronte really did a good job of giving you a look inside the characters heads.  I didn't agree with most of what they did, but I truly understood why they did what they did.  Really, you should read it if you have the opportunity.  I will probably read it again sometime this year. :)
Ok, that's it for now.  No deep thoughts for today.  Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive and very busy.  Have I mentioned lately that I love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment