Saturday, June 9, 2012

On My Roommate

This time last year I had a horrible attitude about roommates.  I had just found out that I wasn't getting a single apartment and I was stuck with a new girl coming to teach high school English.  I even got mad at God because I wanted to be alone so much.  What didn't expect to get was the world's best roommate.  At least, the best roommate I have ever had.
It didn't take long after she got here to get over my bad attitude.  She was just so sweet, kind, helpful, and easy to live with.  As the months went by we developed a deeper and deeper friendship and I became increasingly more thankful for her.  I began to anticipate living together for many, many years.
But God changed my plans.  In March we found out that she would not be coming back to our school next year, but would instead be moving to another city in China because of visa problems.  I have never been so sad to lose a roommate.  I was losing not only a roommate, but a sister and friend.
Tonight is our last night as roommate and I will miss her so much.  I have my own apartment now, but I wish we could go back to our apartment and live there for a few more years.  However, all God's plans work together for good and I'm sure I'll see the good in this some day.
So, to the best roommate ever:
Thank you for...
-Laughter
-Friendship
-Making food with me
-Having friends over
-Eating my food
-Being a sister I never fought with
-Washing dishes together
-Grading together
-Watching movies together
 -Being my diving buddy
-Long talks
-Huge parties
-Taking care of me
-Letting me take care of you
-Listening to me rant
-Trips to the grocery store
-Taxi rides
-Spending time with me when you needed to do stuff for school
-So much, much more.
My dear friend.  I will miss you so very much.  I can't wait to see you again.  Thank you for being such a wonderful roommate, sister, and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment