Thursday, October 11, 2012

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days.  You know the ones.  No, not the bad one...It was one of those days that you wouldn't trade for the world, yet you definitely wouldn't want to relive it either.  Today was just so emotionally draining.
I work for an amazing school that is concerned for not only our professional development, but also our social, emotional, and spiritual development.  Every year they have a great couple come to our school and offer their counseling services.  Today I decided to go.  I didn't know what to expect because I had never formally talked to a counselor.  I'm so glad I went.  I was so blessed by our discussion.
We discussed many things, but I want to share one thing that really stuck out to me.  They said, "God created us not as humans doing, but as human beings.  Their point was that we do not find our value in the Father by what we do in His name.  Our value comes from being in the Father.  Curling up in his arms and letting him hold us.  Allowing ourselves to be secure in him as he uses us.
For so long I have been trying to heal myself.  I have been taking steps toward forgiveness and healing.  But that isn't really my job.  It is my job to trust God to bring situations into my life that will heal me and to let him do his work in me.  I don't need to leave the safety of his arms to find healing.  His arms are where the healing is.  It made me feel so much better to be reminded that this healing is something he is doing in me....not something that I have to accomplish on my own.  I am not enough on my own.  So much peace comes with that realization.

1 comment: