Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pouring Out His Love

The Father has been so gracious to me the last several weeks.  He has been showering me with love.  I'm sure he was doing it before, but since I've started looking for it, I see it everywhere.  It's communicated in a song, a word of encouragement, a hug, a verse, singing, and on it goes.  The place I have seen this love the greatest has been through friends.  Friends who seek my company, ask me how I'm doing, pray for me, and let me know that I am loved.  It's such a foreign concept to feel so loved and sometimes I have a hard time letting myself be loved. 
I have one fabulous friend who calls me out on this all the time.  I love spending time with him because he reminds me that I'm special.  I have another fabulous friend who stops by often during her day just to ask me how I'm doing.  I have another friend who tells me often how much she likes being my friend.  Every one of these people (and even more) make me feel so special because they take the time to care about me...and this in turn reminds me of the love of my Saviour.  My friends' love for me is a strong force in my life and the Father's love is one million times stronger.  How can I even comprehend that love?  The love I offer him in return is a wisp of smoke, yet he desires it.  He desires my love.  What an amazing and overwhelming thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment