Saturday, August 13, 2011

Brand New

The last week has been so many different things.  It has been hard, fun, exhausting, and exciting.  It has been a mix of the brand new and the comfortable, but mostly it has just been all about the brand new.  I am a person who thrives on routine.  I like things that are comfortable and familiar and every once in a while I like a splash of color and adventure in my life.  This week was hard for me because there was a splash of routine and everything else was brand new.
During the past week, I got a new roommate, got a new Teaching Assistant (TA), got a new class, and started a new school year.  Literally everywhere I turn is something new and it has been a little overwhelming.  I have tried to take the time to get to know my roommate and my TA but there hasn't been much time.  I have already fallen in love with my new class, but I haven't quite figured out what makes them tick yet. 
I am excited about this year, but just for now, I'm going to take today and go do something oh so achingly familiar.  I'm going to chill in Starbucks all morning long and then spend my afternoon with "my family" that I have adopted here in China.  I'm so excited to have a day full of comfortable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment