Sunday, August 14, 2011

An Introvert's Perfect Day

Yesterday was the perfect day.  What did I do?  Well, I slept in.  I took a long hot shower (even though it's insanely hot out).  I rode the bus into town and got a seat right away.  I walked to our local mall (Marina City).  I saw Harry Potter in the theaters all by myself.  I had ate McDonalds for lunch, Indian for dinner, and apple dumplings (oh my word! so good!) for dessert.  I held my "nephew" for almost an hour and he didn't cry (summer was too long for a 8 month old to remember his doting "Auntie Amy").  I spent time with my QD family.  And the best part of the day was that I spoke to less than 20 people all day...and most of them I spoke to for less than 5 minutes.  I know my extroverted friends don't understand it, but in my opinion there is nothing better than being alone...at least up to a certain point.
Now today...today was the perfect companion to "an introvert's perfect day."  Today I was a social butterfly and truly enjoyed those I spent time with.  I can't wait until I get to experience "the introvert's perfect day" part 1 and 2 again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment