Monday, July 11, 2011

Dandelions


Dear God,
I was walking today with the weight of the world on my shoulders and wondering how to fix all my problems without even thinking of asking for Your help.  That’s when I saw it.  The dandelion.  It sat close to the ground, sun yellow, bright, and fearlessly carrying on through rain or shine.  That one look stopped me in my tracks.  I stopped walking.  I stopped worrying.  I could hear You in that moment whispering to my heart.  You said, “Remember you are my beloved one.  I am taking care of you.  I am in control of everything that happens to you.  Nothing happens that I haven’t allowed.  Stop worrying.”  It was the most gentle of whispers, but I heard it over all the worries clamoring for attention in my head.  Thank you God for the dandelion.  My worries were clouding my view of you.  Please help me to keep my eyes on you and not on my worries.  You are far more important than anything else in my life.
Amen

1 comment: